No matter what stage you’re at on your 3D journey, you must’ve heard of Blender 3D software. As a 3D artist, 3D software and utilities are an essential element of your arsenal.
If you thought of start learning 3D from scratch with Blender, or simply switch to it, you must’ve asked yourself: how to learn Blender 3D the right way? Is Blender 3D easy to learn? Are there any free Blender tutorials or courses to help you start?
In this article and to answer all these questions and more, I’m going to share with you some cool free Blender tutorials on YouTube that were created recently by talented Blender artists in the 3D community.
Can these free Blender tutorials help you learn faster?
Learning Blender can take time, but that depends on many factors:
- Your background in 3D.
- What you want to learn.
- Your expectations from the whole process.
- The level that you want to reach.
We shared some tips and strategies to learn Blender faster before, but these tutorials have several more advantages to offer. You can benefit from how accessible video content is, how easy it is to digest, the possibility to interact with the creator and the community, but most importantly, the possibility to learn for free!
1. Creating a Glowing River
In this beautiful tutorial from the “Blender Made Easy” YouTube channel, the instructor will show you how to create a glowing river using Blender and some simple but very effective techniques.
You will need the landscape addon to create a landscape that the water will flow through, the addon does have ready assents that you can customize, and among them is something that looks like a river, after that you will make sure you have the right domain settings that will allow you to run the simulation properly.
Then you will set the liquid settings and water particles properties and how they will interact with the surface of the river. After that, you will add foam and materials, which will give it the look you are after.
2. Blender tracking marker removal Tutorial: How to remove objects from your scene?
This is also a very good tutorial from the “Light Architect” YouTube channel. Basically, you will learn how to remove objects from your scene. In this particular case, we want to remove cows from the field.
To do this, first of all, brad will show you how to add markers properly in your shot. After that, you will learn how to add a camera that will follow the movement, and later you will add a plane where the cows are, also you will add materials and you will paint over them to hide them from the scene. This will allow that cows to be invisible even when the camera is moving.
3. Create a 3D Bottle ART in 20 minutes
In this Beginner Blender tutorial from the “3DGreenhorn” YouTube channel, you will learn how to create a 3D bottle art that looks very beautiful. But I have to let you know that voice-over is done using robotic voice, which I personally don’t find annoying since the value is great.
First of all, you will learn how to create a simple mushroom, add to it white spots. After that, you will add a simple blade of grass and, add some rocks to make it look better. Then create the bottle. And finally, you learn about lighting, shading, and adding materials to make it look awesome.
4. Modeling Vi in Blender – Arcane_YanSculpts
In this Great time-lapse sculpting tutorial from the “Yansculpts” YouTube channel, you will see how you can create a simple but aesthetically pleasing character. Yan will show you real quick how he created Vi who’s a character from the popular Netflix show called arcane.
The show is basically based on League of Legends but the story is about twin cities and two sisters who will fight for what they believe in. and Vi is one of those two. This fast sculpting tutorial is beautiful and can shows you how he created the body from scratch, and how he added every small detail from clothes, tattoos, scratches, piercings, and so on. If you want to take a look at it you will be inspired!
5. Why you Should Speed Sculpt MORE!!!_YanSculpts
Also, I recommend taking a look at his recent video about why you should speed sculpt more. He will give you his thoughts on the process and why you need to practice it more and many benefits he derived from speed sculpt as an exercise.
6. Creating Ancient Gate In Blender
Next is this time-laps tutorial from the “Sketching in Blender” YouTube channel. It doesn’t include commentary but You will see how the artist behind this amazing work created it from scratch. He started by creating the gate using poly modeling in addition to some walls.
After that, he started adding some details using sculpting brushes to make the scene look organic and natural. Then he created stairs, and some statues at the entrance to make it look really ancient indeed. He also added some textures and texture painted some details. Later he shows you how to add natural assets, such as grass, moss, and trees.
Finally, after lighting and rendering the scene, he goes to Photoshop for “paint over” and composition.
7. Creating Cyberpunk City Street In Blender
This is another project from the same YouTube channel; you will basically learn how to create a cyberpunk city in Blender from scratch starting from modeling every part of the city like streets buildings and so on and following the same method you will add textures lights and render everything and take it to Photoshop or paint over.
Is Blender 3D easy to learn?
Blender can get complex to approach, handle and get a grip of, mainly due to its versatility and wide variety of use cases. But the newest versions present a finer learning curve, thanks to the improved and intuitive user interface. Learning Blender is all too possible if you know how to be dedicated, realistic and consistent, even if you’re a complete beginner. However, going after mastery will definitely take you a lot of time and effort.
We recommend you take a look at some Blender addons that will help you perform faster, more efficiently and get a good grasp of 3D concepts in Blender:
- Hard Surface modeling addons to make the most incredible models with intricate details and outstanding accuracy.
- PBR addons and material packs to bake and texture your models like a pro.
- Plants, grass and botanic asset packs that help you populate your scenes quickly and efficiently.
- Management and productivity addons that will make your workflow quicker and smoother. So, you would never miss a deadline or spend hours on cumbersome tasks instead of focusing on the creative process.
- Retopology addons for the best meshes workflow and the most efficient retopology process.
- Rendering addons that will make your renders high-quality pixel perfect, and with the most optimal speed.
- UV unwrapping and UV mapping addons to help you create UV maps quickly and easily in a short period of time.
- Texturing and shading addons to add more depth and realism to your models and scenes.
- Terrain and space scenes addons are a must-have, despite being seemingly niche and too targeted. It can save you hours of work and help you achieve results that are very difficult to deliver otherwise.
- ArchViz addons to help you make the most out of your architectural visualization work.
- Rigging addons to make the process of building puppets, rigs and skeletons tremendously fast and more efficient. These can be especially helpful for character animation.
- Simulation and VFX addons to help you add the most incredible visual effects to your 3D animations with Blender.
- Animation addons to make the animation process with Blender 3D software reach the next level.
- Modeling addons to help you optimize the modeling process and create your models more efficiently.
How to learn Blender 3D?
If you want to go beyond these free tutorials and you’re looking for something more in depth, we got you covered. We posted about awesome courses that our team of 3D artists selected in many categories, brought to you by the best tutors of the industry:
- Hard surface modeling courses that includes learning how to make weapons, game assets, Sci-Fi assets and much more.
- Character creation courses that will teach you the core steps of creating characters, like modeling, sculpting, UV unwrapping, animation and so much more. All that by building various types of characters in a hands-on approach, like a cartoon character, an insect, a snowman and a game character.
- Environment design courses that will help you create amazing environments in Blender, like forests, galaxies, sand dunes, ancient ruins and much more.
- Animation courses that will teach you the fundamentals of animation in Blender, by showing you how to build a low poly rocket animation, a skateboard animation and a first person character weapons step by step.